- Professional interpretation/translation experience in Dari or Russian
- Experience working with military and/or military operations
- Extensive interpretation experience in a conference setting
- Extensive document translation experience
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to take a language test administered by the NLSC Language Certification Team
- Willingness to be federally hired
- Simultaneous interpretation (booth experience)
- Active secret clearance
If you meet these qualifications, and are interested and available to assist as an NLSC language volunteer in the capacity of a Dari or Russian interpreter/translator, please apply to join the NLSC as soon as possible. There is no membership fee to join the NLSC. All Members are volunteers but are paid a stipend for any hours worked. This is not a full-time position, but rather a short-term assignment. Further details will be provided upon your selection as a potential candidate.
To be accepted as an NLSC Member, you must be at least 18 years old and a U.S citizen. To apply to join, click here and then click Apply. When prompted for an EXP code, enter 12-16. Also, when prompted, upload your resume in Microsoft Word format. Your resume should highlight your translation/interpretation-related experience and education.